About the Woodhill Billy Cart Derby
THOUSANDS of people will flock to Woodhill on Saturday the 29th of July for a day jam-packed with good old-fashioned family fun.
It is guaranteed to be a day full of thrills and spills as the largest ever roll-up of competitors yet will race down the steep track.
So, in 2017 who will be crowned as “King of the Hill?” There are multiple classes and age groups. Perhaps you could be crowned as our next “King of the hill.”
Away from the racetrack, there is a number of attractions including sideshow alley, produce markets, food and cake stalls, and live music playing throughout the day. We also have face-painting and a live display from the Queensland Fire Service and Queensland Police Service which is always a popular attraction.
The money raised at the billy cart derby will be used to improve the Woodhill State School facilities.
What happens on the day?
- 8.00am – Gates open to the public for Billy Cart registration, shopping at the markets and our BBQ will be up and running for a yummy breakfast bacon and egg roll.
- 9.30am – The Woodhill Billy Cart Derby 2017 is officially opened and the first heats begin.
- 10.00am – The kids’ rides begin. Don’t forget to buy a Ride Armband for unlimited rides during the day.
- 12.00pm – Billy Cart racing breaks for lunch.
- 1.00pm – Billy Cart finals commence.
- 2.30pm – Presentations to Billy Cart Derby winners, including the ‘King of the Hill’ trophy.
- 3.00pm – Event finishes.
Come along, bring the family and have a great day out!